I got about 3 people bring in some nice feedback thus far. I would like to give a huge thank you to both the people who tested with this demo and the last demo, in addition to the people who’s likes and reblogs helped get the word out to people. *Hugs*
Most of them commented on weird pushing bugs/mechanics so that got fixed lickety-split.
(Funny story, I was going to just re-do most of the code because I thought the issues were just coming from poor implementation but I literally fixed most of everything by adding a single line of code to the Push function. Now it controls sooo much better. Ech.)
The second largest concern was Bok AI stuff. I’ll just let this post speak for itself. About half of the Bok related bugs have been fixed.
Third largest concern involved Emil’s combat difficulties. I was trying to emulate how targeting worked for melee in Lunar Knights, but I feel the need to improve the system. I am currently thinking of ways to make combat a bit better for him.
I got started planning out the first dungeon. I scribbled out some plans, came up with some puzzles, and looked up a truckload of reference pictures. Oh, and with my new-found tableting abilities, I painted a brick texture in photoshop.
(This was my first time digitally painting, but I’m PROUD of those bricks darn it!)
The first dungeon (I hope) will be modeled with Spanish catholic tombs and a kind of Day of the Dead aesthetic in mind. I have never made assets for a dungeon before, so this is new to me. I’m a little fluttered, but I must persist!
Finally, at this point, I am willing to accept some help in the art department. I may make a larger post about it later, but if you or anybody you know would be willing and able to create some texture art and/or 3D models of dungeon scenery, drop me an ask and we can talk about it then.
Sorry for the long post. Goodnight, all!